After the jump, we've got starters, we've got Mr. K's Degenerate Gambling Challenge, and we've got whimsy. Let's go!
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS
- G Junior Cadougan (2010-'11 stats: 4.0 ppg; 1.8 rpg; 3.2 apg)
- G Darius Johnson-Odom (2010-'11 stats: 15.8 ppg; 3.0 rpg; 2.4 apg)
- G Vander Blue (2010-'11 stats: 5.1 ppg; 2.8 rpg; 1.6 apg)
- F Jae Crowder (2010-'11 stats: 11.8 ppg; 6.8 rpg; 1.6 apg)
- C Chris Otule (2010-'11 stats: 5.1 ppg; 3.6 rpg; 0.1 apg)
MOUNT ST. MARY'S PROBABLE STARTERS
G Lamar Trice (2010-'11 stats: 13.3 ppg; 3.1 rpg; 3.5 apg)
- G Chad Holley (freshman) is starting in place of Trice, who is suspended.
- G Josh Castellanos (2010-'11 stats: 4.3 ppg; 1.7 rpg; 2.5 apg)
- G Julian Norfleet (2010-'11 stats: 9.3 ppg; 2.6 rpg; 2.3 apg)
- F Danny Thompson (2010-'11 stats: 5.5 ppg; 6.0 rpg; 0.4 apg)
- F Raven Barber (2010-'11 stats: 7.3 ppg; 2.8 rpg; 0.5 apg)
Mr. Kensington's Degenerate Gambling Challenge: Vegas won't touch this game, but your boy Mr. Kensington will! Your over/unders for tonight's contest -- toss your predictions in the comments:
- Amount of points scored by Vander Blue - 11.5
- Number of Junior Cadougans in the starting lineup - 0.5
- Total minutes logged by the freshmen (Mayo, Anderson, D. Wilson) - 20.5
- Amount of points scored by Marquette's leading scorer (whoever it ends up being) - 18.5
- Number of 3-man (or more) "line change" substitutions - 4.5
- Number of blocked shots for Chris Otule - 2.5
- Total points in the game - 147.5
Cupcakes for the Cupcake: In addition to our traditional beer of the game, we're going to start a new tradition for the fluff portion of the MU schedule: a cupcake recipe in honor of our cupcake opponent. You may have heard that last Thursday (November 3) was International Stout Day. In honor of that most delightful of (unofficial) holidays, we're adopting Dave Lieberman's Chocolate Stout Cupcakes tonight. Yum-o.
AE Officially Unofficial Beer of the Game, a.k.a. PINT TOUCHES: Warrior Brad suggests that you sample a Schneider Aventinus tonight -- and with the look the handsomely-bearded dude on the bottle is throwin' your way, I can see why. If that's too snobby for your tastes, you certainly can't go wrong with Miller High Life tonight -- the champagne of beers for the Basketball New Year.
Enjoy the game, and bring me home a winner.