Welcome to Madness, kids! It's gonna be a hell of a ride.
The Bucks had a rodent-like performance yesterday.
These women are not ugly, but one is sadly dead.
TV shows that survived a cast member leaving.
The guy who wrote 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' died.
This is not the Cookie Monster I grew up with.
Duckie was kind of funny.
The lack of Judgment Night makes this list invalid.
This happened to me this weekend.
The phrase 'Hit That" has a double meaning with this model.
No more talking, lady, I want to see it. And by "it" I mean sweater puppies.
The Admiral's Half-Witted Bracket Thoughts, Brought To You By Our Corporate Champion, Swanson's Frozen Calamari (not really):
- Dear Marquette Athletics and Time Warner Cable: get the TruTV HD feed ready by Friday night or there will be hell to pay.
- The NCAA committee makes Tim Higgins and Jim Burr seem like knowledgeable people. This committee is clueless. "Style of play" is now a consideration? What the frack does that mean? And how does a team that scored less than 35 points on Friday still get a 4 seed? Some teams are rewarded for conference tournament play and others aren't. There is no rhyme or reason to their rationale. None. Jesus, they pull sh*t out of their a$$, look at Lunardi's bracket and make a couple changes. I mean, this is the same group of people who brought you the BCS. [Rubie sez: I don't think that's true.] Only they NCAA could screw this up. Well done.
- Whoever represents the Big 10 on the committee is doing a hell of a job. Michigan, Michigan St, Illinois, and PSU with a combined 6 Top 25 RPI wins, Marquette with 5 on its own. Jim Delany, go f*ck yourself.
- Pitting the potential for the Big East to eat their own prior to the Sweet 16 is completely wrong.
- Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe gave one last parting shot to Colorado by not being a bigger advocate to the Committee. Thankfully the conference will be dissolved in less that 5 years.
- Gus Johnson in Cleveland? Oh. Hell. Yes.
- For the first time in ages, MU is within driving distance, yet I still won't be going. Damn family birthday parties.
- I was in Orlando last year for the game against Xavier. Lazar was a monster, dropping 27 in that game. They were even with about 5 minutes to go and MU pulled away pretty quickly at the end.
- The team leaves for Cleveland on Tuesday afternoon.
- Last, but not least: Go Belmont!
Marquette Basketball reading material:
Rosiak's story and blog post.
Todd Rosiak meet Shannon Russell.
Xavier's coach calls it a tough game.
Xavier's quiet happiness is pronounced.
Xavier's coach is on Twitter.
Hitting 3 pointers will be the key.
Cinci newspaper preview.
USA Today spits out some stats on MU.
Here's the full list of broadcast teams for the first weekend.
Bob Wolfley wrote down what people said on TV.
Ken Pom has MU with a 52.5% chance to win.
CBS Gary Parrish has MU in the Sweet 16.
Fox Sports Jeff Goodman likes our match up.
Yahoo Sports has us losing to Syracuse.
CBS has us #30 in its power rankings.
SI's Stewart Mandel likes the MU-XU match up.
How did the bracketologists fare?
MU recruit Juan Anderson scored 23 to lead his Castro Valley team to the State finals.
Big East stumbles on big wins.
Big East has a full dance card.
Grand Canyon wants to be like MU.
Random Music Video: A song I always think of during tournament time, Madness - One Step Beyond