The 2012 NBA Draft is coming up on Thursday starting at 6:30pm on ESPN. It's the final step of the college basketball season, as all of the best players we saw during the 2011-12 season will be taking the next step in their careers. Even though the NBA won't let the New Orleans Hornets say it publicly, it would be a major surprise if they select anyone else than Kentucky's Anthony Davis. After Davis, though, things tend to get a little jumbled. This lack of consensus may end up benefiting Darius Johnson-Odom and Jae Crowder as they wait to hear their names called on Thursday night.
Hit the jump and we'll take a look at what the mock drafts have to say about them!
- Draft Express: 41st - Trail Blazers
- NBADraft.net: Undrafted
- NBA.com: 55th - Mavericks
- NBA Draft Insider: 43rd - Hawks
- Hoops World: 36th - Kings
- Hoops Report: 42nd - Bucks
- Sports Bank: 40th - Trail Blazers
- Draft Express: 48th - Knicks
- NBADraft.net: 38th - Nuggets
- NBA.com: 54th - 76ers
- NBA Draft Insider: 42nd - Bucks
- Hoops World: 34th - Cavaliers
- Hoops Report: Undrafted
- Sports Bank: 42nd - Bucks
We're kind of all over the place there, huh? And what's with two different mock drafts not having one of them on the board? While no one has Jae or DJO going in the first round, it's worth noting that last year, most mock drafts had going in the second round leading up to the draft. When the draft rolled around, the Chicago Bulls used the last pick of the first round to give Marquette the #30 selection in two consecutive NBA Drafts. Can Jae or DJO make it three?