Every game in the Big East that didn't involve Marquette had a ranked team participating, but not all of them came away with a win...
- #19 Georgetown 67, St. John's 51 - After seeing the Hoyas struggle to score at various points this season, the news that Greg Whittington was suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules did not bode well for this game. And then Georgetown went up 27-8 in the first 12 minutes. Casual Hoya has more, or you can check in with Rumble In The Garden for the St. John's side of things.
- #7 Syracuse 72, Villanova 61 - It's January, so of course Syracuse is now dealing with what's being reported as an academic eligbility issue. James Southerland is going to be held out of team activities until further notice, and it appeared to affect Syracuse in the early going here, as Nova was able to take a 29-27 halftime lead. But C.J. Fair scored 11 of his game high 22 points in a 13-2 Orange run early in the second half to give SU the lead for good. Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician has coverage of Syracuse's side here, and VU Hoops covers the Wildcat end here.
- Connecticut 65, #21 Notre Dame 58 - Shabazz Napier is going to get his. That's just the way it is. But if you're going to let him shoot 8-13, you have to shut everyone else down. You are not going to win when Shabazz is hitting shots and Tyler Olander goes for 16 and 7, even when you're Notre Dame and you shoot better than 45% behind the arc.
- #3 Louisville 64, South Florida 38 - That's the lowest point output by the Bulls in a Big East game, and only two points more than the all time lowest total in USF history. Peyton Siva had a game high 17 points for UL. Card Chronicle has their recap up here, while Voodoo Five laments their position here.
- #21 Cincinnati 68, Rutgers 58 - Cashmere Wright is a beast. He was the only player to score in the first 4:44 of this game. Ok, that's misleading, because it was 1-0 on a Wright free throw until JaQuon Parker hit a triple for the Bearcats at the 15:15 mark of the first half. But Cash did have a game high 23 points as UC snapped a two game losing streak. You can read more about this game from our friends over at On The Banks.