It's tourney time!
No, not THAT tourney. The CBE Classic.
CBE CLASSIC - FIRST ROUND
Marquette vs. Bucknell
| || |
1-0 (0-0 Big East)
|0-1 (0-0 Patriot League)|
November 14, 2010 1:00 p.m. CDT
Bradley Center (18,600), Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TV: Time Warner Cable 32 (w/ Dennis Krause and Jim McIlvaine)
Radio: ESPN 540 (Milwaukee) (w/ Steve "The Homer" True and Tony Smith)
SBN Coverage: Bison vs Golden Eagles coverage
Let's dish, after the jump: probable starters, stats, and beer. Hit it!
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS*
- F Joe Fulce (2009-10 stats: 3.5 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 0.3 APG)
- F Jimmy Butler (2009-10 stats: 14.7 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 2.0 APG)
- C Chris Otule (2009-10 stats: 3.7 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 0.0 APG)
- G Darius Johnson-Odom (2009-10 stats: 13.0 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 2.4 APG)
- G Dwight Buycks (2009-10 stats: 6.3 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 2.1 APG)
* Unless we go with the unexpected lineup from Friday again, in which case, your starters go: Jimmy Butler, Chris Otule, Erik Williams, Vander Blue, and Reggie Smith.
OTHER KEY STATS AND WHIMSY
Bucknell posted an overall 14-17 mark last year, but a very healthy 9-5 record in the Patriot League. This year, the Bison were picked to finish second in the Patriot League in the preseason poll. Bucknell dropped its season opener on Friday, falling 68-52 to Villanova in Philly. The game was much closer than the final margin might suggest, though; the Bison stayed within single digits of 'Nova for most of the second half until Corey Fisher iced the contest with back-to-back three-pointers.
Bucknell head coach Dave Paulsen hails from Wausau. So, while Bucknell has never played a game in the state of Wisconsin, I think it's safe to say that its coach has been here a time or two.
Bucknell's 2009-10 shooting percentages: FG: 41.0%; 3PT: 32.9%; FT: 73.0%
OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL BEER OF THE GAME
Let's stick with the Lakefront, since it worked so well in the opener. It's a quick turnaround for the boys after Friday night's contest, so we'll go with Lakefront's Fuel Cafe with the hopes that Marquette's energy stays high for the game.
Enjoy the game, and bring me home a winner.