Fair's fair: after the phightin' Phoenix phelled the Badgers last year, I promised to refer to UW-Green Bay as "Wisconsin" until UW-Madison defeated the Phoenix and reclaimed the mantle. So:
O'REILLY AUTO PARTS CBE CLASSIC
Marquette vs. Wisconsin
| || |
2-0 (0-0 Big East)
|1-0 (0-0 Horizon League) |
November 17, 2010 8:00 p.m. CDT
Bradley Center (18,600), Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TV: Time Warner Cable 32 (w/ Dennis Krause and Jim McIlvaine)
Radio: ESPN 540 (Milwaukee) (w/ Steve "The Homer" True and Tony Smith)
SBN Coverage: Phoenix vs Golden Eagles coverage
Last Meeting: Marquette defeated Wisconsin (Green Bay), 55-39,on December 14, 1996.
Spread: Marquette (-15)
You're getting the hang of how we do this, yes? All the goodies you've come to expect -- probable starters, whimsy, and booze -- after the jump.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS:
G Vander Blue (2010 stats: 7.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.4 apg, 25.0 deflections per game)
G Reggie Smith (2010 stats: 2.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.5 apg, 75 mph top cruising speed)
C Chris Otule (2010 stats: 3.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.5 apg)
F Jimmy Butler (2010 stats: 14.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.0 apg)
F Erik Williams (2010 stats: 6.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.0 apg)
OTHER ASSORTED STATS AND WHIMSY:
- Number of days I'll be able to continue my "UWGB will be called 'Wisconsin' until the Badgers beat them" joke: 26. (Wisconsin plays at UW-Madison on December 13 this year, in case the maths were too hard there.)
- Wisconsin shooting percentages in 2009-'10: FG 43.7%; 3PT 37.6%; FT 73.4%
- Turnovers per game in '09-'10 for Wisconsin's starting guards: Rahmon Fletcher: 3.1 topg; Bryquis Perine: 2.3 topg
- Years Brian Wardle appears to have aged since his Marquette days: 0. Looking good, Shooter!
- Ratio of trees to students on Wisconsin's campus: 14 to 1
BEER OF THE GAME
Lakefront's Fuel Cafe took a while to kick in last game, but the burst of energy provided during the crucial 24-0, second-half run was worth the wait. Today, since we're hosting our friends from the north, we'll go with Hopasaurus Rex from the Titletown Brewing Company. Beer + Dinosaur = JOY.
Enjoy the game, and bring me home a winner.