I've already seen South Dakota spring an upset on one of my teams this year (although Minnesota's football team is so gawd-awful they probably shouldn't have been favored in the first place). If it happens again today, I'm going to be wildly unhappy.
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES BASKETBALL
Marquette vs. South Dakota
| || |
3-0 (0-0 Big East)
|1-1 (0-0 Great West) |
November 20, 2010 1:00 p.m. CDT
Bradley Center (18,600), Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TV: GoMarquette.com will carry a live video stream of the game.
Radio: ESPN 540 (Milwaukee) (w/ Steve "The Homer" True and Jim McIlvaine)
SBN Coverage: Coyotes vs Golden Eagles coverage
Last Meeting: Marquette defeated South Dakota 93-68 on November 24, 2009.
Spread: If you're seriously thinking about gambling on this game, you're a degenerate of the highest order.
Let's talk starters, stats, and beer, after the jump.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS:
- G Vander Blue (9.7 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 3.0 apg)
- G Darius Johnson-Odom (10.7 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.0 apg, 0.33 poster dunks per game)
- G Dwight Buycks (12.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 5.3 apg, 1.0 T-shirts in the works)
- F Jimmy Butler (14.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.0 apg)
- C Chris Otule (2.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.3 apg)
OTHER KEY STATS AND WHIMSY:
- South Dakota shooting percentages ('10-'11): FG: 45.0%; 3PT: 35.7%; FT: 62.5%
- This season, USD dropped its opener against Nebraska, 76-68. Ordinarily, I would say "That doesn't tell you very much, because Nebraska sucks at basketball," but Andy Katz keeps telling me that Doc Sadler is a really good coach, so: maybe it tells you a little bit. Anyway, I'm more interested in USD's second game, when they triumphed over the South Dakota School of Mines. If you're like me, and you read that too fast, you got really excited over seeing guys like this on a basketball court. Alas.
- This is the last game before the REAL CBE Classic in Kansas City and matchups with Duke and Gonzaga/Kansas State, so get your fill of Jamail Jones, Reggie Smith, and Davante Gardner today. Methinks you won't be seeing them on the floor very much in the next few days.
BEER OF THE GAME:
I picked up a six pack of Sierra Nevada's Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale a couple of weeks back. Since then, I've purchased two additional twelve packs. In case I'm being too obtuse: this is a good beer. You should drink one.
Enjoy the game, and bring me home a winner.