I've spent enough words on this game already this week, don't you think? Let's do this!
THE CHAMPIONSHIP OF WISCONSIN BASKETBALL
Marquette vs. Wisconsin
7-2 (0-0 Big East)
7-2 (0-0 Big Ten)
December 11, 2010 1:30 p.m. CDT
Bradley Center (18,600) Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TV: ESPN2 (w/ Dave Pasch and Dan Dakich)
Radio: ESPN 540 (Milwaukee) (w/ Steve "The Homer" True and Jim McIlvaine) or WTMJ 620
SBN Coverage: Badgers vs Golden Eagles coverage
A View from The Dark Side: Bucky's 5th Quarter
All-Time Series: Wisconsin leads, 63-53.
Last Meeting: The Badgers escaped with a 72-63 victory over the Golden Eagles in Madison on December 12, 2009.
Spread: Pick 'em
We do what we do, after the jump.MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS
- G Reggie Smith (2010-'11 stats: 1.6 ppg; 1.6 rpg; 1.9 apg)
- G Vander Blue (2010-'11 stats: 9.4 ppg; 3.2 rpg; 2.7 apg)
- G Darius Johnson-Odom (2010-'11 stats: 14.1 ppg; 3.6 rpg; 2.1 apg)
- F Jimmy Butler (2010-'11 stats: 15.8 ppg; 6.4 rpg; 2.0 apg)
- F/C Chris Otule (2010-'11 stats: 6.4 ppg; 3.2 rpg; 0.3 apg)
WISCONSIN PROBABLE STARTERS
- G Jordan Taylor (2010-'11 stats: 15.0 ppg; 4.0 rpg; 4.7 apg)
- G Josh Gasser (2010-'11 stats: 7.9 ppg; 4.6 rpg; 2.4 apg)
- F Jon Leuer (2010-'11 stats: 20.0 ppg; 7.7 rpg; 2.3 apg)
- F Mike Bruesewitz (2010-'11 stats: 5.1 ppg; 2.9 rpg; 0.9 apg)
- F Keaton Nankivil (2010-'11 stats: 6.7 ppg; 4.7 rpg; 0.9 apg)
OTHER KEY STATS AND WHIMSY:
Wisconsin shooting percentages (2010-'11): FG: 45.1%; 3PT: 35.6%; FT: 79.7%
You looking for more stats? I'm not your best source for that information, but Cracked Sidewalks will hook you up. And Mr. Pom is around if you need more.
- You looking for whimsy? Where have you been all week? I've been slinging out whimsy as fast as I can get it on the plate. So go here. Or here. Or here. Or here. Or here.
BEER OF THE GAME:
This being the Championship of College Basketball in Wisconsin, is there really any other choice than the Champagne of Beers, Miller High Life? I think not.
What, you expected some high-falutin' microbrew, since I went to Marquette and I'm a snob? No ma'am (or sir). I'm all about breaking down stereotypes.
Enjoy the game, and bring me a home a winner -- or I have to make this my background for the next month.
Please, baby Jesus, bring me home a winner.