Join us as we play: "How low can our RPI go?"
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES BASKETBALL
Marquette vs. Centenary
7-3 (0-0 Big East)
0-11 (0-0 Summit)
December 18, 2010 1:00 p.m. CDT
Bradley Center (18,600) Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TV: Time Warner Cable 32 (w/ Dennis Krause and Racine St. Cat's Legend Jim McIlvaine)
Radio: ESPN 540 (Milwaukee) (w/ Steve "The Homer" True and George Thompson)
SBN Coverage: Gentlemen vs Golden Eagles coverage
All-Time Series: Marquette leads, 3-0.
Last Meeting: Marquette whipped Centenary, 85-62, when the teams met on November 13, 2009.
Let's go to the tale of the tape, after the jump.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS:
- G Reggie Smith (2010-'11 stats: 1.4 ppg; 1.5 rpg; 1.5 apg)
- G Vander Blue (2010-'11 stats: 9.2 ppg; 3.2 rpg; 2.5 apg)
- G Darius Johnson-Odom (2010-'11 stats: 13.5 ppg; 3.7 rpg; 2.0 apg)
- F Jimmy Butler (2010-'11 stats: 15.7 ppg; 6.2 rpg; 2.0 apg)
- F/C Chris Otule (2010-'11 stats: 5.8 ppg; 3.0 rpg; 0.3 apg)
OTHER KEY STATS AND WHIMSY:
- Centenary shooting percentages (2010-'11): FG: 36.5%; 3PT: 26.5%; FT: 57.9%
- You may have heard that Centenary is dropping from Division I to Division III. Contrary to what their 0-11 mark might lead you to believe, the move is actually happening next year. God speed, merry Gentlemen.
- Centenary starts a player named Maxx Nakwaasah. From the double X in his first name, I can confidently state that he is exxxxxtreme. And that he probably has a promising career in adult film.
BEER OF THE GAME: 'Tis the season: I tried Abita's Christmas Ale, and I think I like it. I think. According to the label, Abita makes a different Christmas brew every year -- without disclosing what type of beer it actually is. So I boldly went, and the results were satisfying.
Enjoy the game, and bring me home a winner.