Chow down, friends: it's your last cupcake of the year.
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES BASKETBALL
Marquette vs. Mississippi Valley State
8-3 (0-0 Big East)
1-9 (0-0 SWAC)
December 21, 2010 7:00 p.m. CDT
Bradley Center (18,600) Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TV: Time Warner Cable 32 (w/ Dennis Krause and Racine St. Cat's Legend Jim McIlvaine)
Radio: ESPN 540 (Milwaukee) (w/ Steve "The Homer" True and George Thompson)
SBN Coverage: Delta Devils vs Golden Eagles coverage
All-Time Series: Marquette leads, 2-0.
Last Meeting: Marquette defeated Mississippi Valley State, 87-62, on December 17, 1991.
Sick kids, stats, and whimsy, after the jump.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS:
- G Dwight Buycks (2010-'11 stats: 10.0 ppg; 3.7 rpg; 4.5 apg)
- G Vander Blue (2010-'11 stats: 9.8 ppg; 3.7 rpg; 2.9 apg)
- G Darius Johnson-Odom (2010-'11 stats: 13.7 ppg; 3.5 rpg; 2.0 apg)
- F Jimmy Butler (2010-'11 stats: 15.2 ppg; 6.7 rpg; 2.0 apg)
- F Jae Crowder (2010-'11 stats: 10.8 ppg; 6.2 rpg; 0.9 apg)
OTHER KEY STATS AND WHIMSY:
- MVSU shooting percentages (2010-'11): FG: 36.3%; 3PT: 30.4%; FT: 68.3%
- In case you missed Coach Buzz's radio show last night, Coach Buzz announced that both Reggie Smith and Junior Cadougan are out tonight. Both are battling viral infections, and Smith missed Saturday's game vs. Centenary because of the illness. Junior's sounds like your standard cold, but Reggie's is more serious; Buzz said he's getting blood tests "not for mono, but for something like mono" (whatever that means) and probably won't be able to go against Vanderbilt, either. So much for our depth at point guard, huh?
- Mississippi Valley State has played quite the schedule to start the season: at Georgia; at Indiana (OK, that one doesn't count); at St. Mary's (CA); at Brigham Young; at Butler; at Mississippi; at Arkansas; at Kentucky; and now at Marquette.
BEER OF THE GAME:
I need something hoppy to cleanse the palate of all this pastry before we dig into the meat of the BEast season. Sierra Nevada's Torpedo should do the trick, I think, so we'll go with that.
Enjoy the game, and bring me home a winner.