It feels like it's been a month since we've done this. (That's what she said -- we might as well start early with LONGWOOD on the court today.)
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES BASKETBALL
Marquette vs. Longwoo
5-2 (0-0 Big East)
December 4, 2010 1:00 p.m. CDT
Bradley Center (18,600) Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TV: GoMarquette.com will carry a live stream of the game.
Radio: ESPN 540 (Milwaukee) (w/ Steve "The Homer" True and Jim McIlvaine)
SBN Coverage: Lancers vs Golden Eagles coverage
All-Time Series: This is the first meeting between the schools.
Spread: No line, degenerates
Quick and dirty, after the jump. (We're just getting warmed up.)
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS:
- G Junior Cadougan (2010-'11 stats: 2.0 ppg; 1.6 rpg; 3.1 apg)
- G Dwight Buycks (2010-'11 stats: 9.9 ppg; 3.9 rpg; 4.6 apg)
- G Darius Johnson-Odom (2010-'11 stats: 14.4 ppg; 3.7 rpg; 2.1 apg)
- F Jimmy Butler (2010-'11 stats: 17.0 ppg; 5.4 rpg; 2.0 apg)
- F/C Chris Otule (2010-'11 stats: 5.0 ppg; 3.0 rpg; 0.3 apg)
OTHER KEY STATS AND WHIMSY:
- Longwood shooting percentages (2010-'11): FG: 46.3%; 3PT: 40.7%; FT: 65.7%)
- In case you couldn't tell: Longwood are chuckers. They've attempted 199 three-pointers in their 8 games, which my computer machine tells me is an average of 24.8(!) attempts per game. They score 84 points per game, but they give up 83 and they've turned the ball over 127 times (an average of 15.8 per contest). Simply put: this one could get sloppy.
- If your school is named "Longwood," do you really think it's a good idea to go with LANCERS as your mascot (and to incorporate a very phallic-looking spear into your logo)? Just wonderin'.
BEER OF THE GAME:
We'll take a detour from our standard fare and, for the first time ever, go with a mixed drink as our Beer of the Game. A few years back, my in-laws returned from a trip to the Caribbean with a bottle of terrific local rum called Big Black Dick. I'm not sure if it's sold in stores in the States, and I know that I don't want to Google "big black dick" to find out where I can purchase a bottle, but, if you're able to find a liter, enjoy a Dick and Coke while you watch Longwood.
Yep, I'm 12.
Enjoy the game, and bring me home a winner.