Hopefully the players haven't been looking past TAMU-CC, because we sure have here.
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES BASKETBALL
Marquette vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
6-2 (0-0 Big East)
3-5 (0-0 Southland)
December 7, 2010 8:00 p.m. CDT
Bradley Center (18,600) Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TV: Time Warner Cable 32 (w/ Dennis Krause and Jim McIlvaine), SNY, and MASN
Radio: ESPN 540 (Milwaukee) (w/ Steve "The Homer" True and George Thompson)
SBN Coverage: Islanders vs Golden Eagles coverage
All-Time Series: This is the first meeting between the schools.
Spread: No line
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS
After the jump: starters, stats, beer, and -- oh what the hell, some BADGER HATE.
- G Reggie Smith (1.8 ppg; 1.3 rpg; 1.0 apg)
- G Dwight Buycks (9.9 ppg; 3.9 rpg; 4.6 apg)
- G Darius Johnson-Odom (14.4 ppg; 3.9 rpg; 2.1 apg)
- F Jimmy Butler (15.9 ppg; 6.1 rpg; 1.9 apg)
- F/C Chris Otule (6.8 ppg; 3.3 rpg; 0.3 apg)
OTHER KEY STATS AND WHIMSY:
- TAMU-Corpus Christi shooting percentages (2010-'11): FG: 43.9%; 3PT: 32.7%; FT: 61.7%
- Here's kenpom's analysis of A&M Corpus Christi (or, as 'pom calls them, "Corpus Chris"). Pomeroy predicts A&M-CC to finish 12-18 this year (and 7-9 in the Southland Conference), so we're not exactly dealing with a juggernaut here.
- Your brief BADGER HATE: you might remember Texas A&M-Corpus Christi from such films as That Time in 2007 When They Were a 15-Seed and Played Second-Seeded (and Brian Butch-less) Wisconsin in the Tourney. If I remember correctly, the Islanders put up a brief but energetic fight but were ultimately no match for Bucky. That didn't matter in the end, though, because the Badgers dropped their next game to seventh-seeded UNLV.
BEER OF THE GAME:
A game against a Texas-based foe deserves the best Texas-based beer in existence, Shiner Bock. Warrior Brad introduced me to Shiner Bock some years ago, and I've been a devoted drinker ever since. It's awesome.
Enjoy the game, and bring me a home a winner.