First off, today is the ten-year Anniversary of Al McGuire's death. We'll have a special post on Al around noon.
(Apologies in advance for the overuse of the word awesome.)
This Muppets remix is pretty awesome.
Sweet Baby Jesus, make this sh*t stop.
In case you had forgotten: money gets you chicks.
Archers of Loaf have returned and that's awesome.
Jack White was almost a priest. He would've made an awesome Jesuit.
If you don't watch the Bachelor, you'll be amused by this site.
Con-Air 2? Sure, why not.
James Franco is pretty awesome.
Catch VD? No thanks.
Thoughts on the game:
- First, get off the ledge. Is Jim Boeheim on the hot seat? He just lost to Seton Hall by nearly 30 points at home. Buzz lost by eight to the #5 team in the country. Chill out, people.
- Our defense is, at times, not really good. Way too many easy, easy baskets.
- I loved the defensive effort against Kemba Walker, too bad all that emphasis on him left everyone else open.
- You can't let a visiting team go on a 13-0 run on your home court. Somebody on the team has to step up. Nobody did.
- That officiating crew was jealous of the attention that Burr, Higgins and Hightower get because they were inept as I've seen in a long time. Inconsistent and oblivious.
- JFB did everything he could to take over that game. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.
- Vander and Junior on the floor at the same time isn't good. They're offensive liabilities.
- Vander Blue also shows why recruiting rankings are an overrated crapshoot. Top 50? Really? He eventually could probably be outstanding, but he's not there yet.
- The fact that Syracuse has lost three straight is going to make Saturday's game even more difficult.
Marquette Basketball Links:
Hide Ya Kids...Hide Ya Mama...Dickie Simpkins made me laugh. (Note: ESPN had to edit that clip cause he butchered DJO's name)
Rubie's surprisingly even-handed recap is here.
Rosiak's recap and blog post.
Cracked Sidewalks calls MU the choking dogs and wonders if Buzz knows how to use timeouts.
The Flying Dutchman Van Derr Blue looks for a reason to keep the faith.
More on Jeremy Lamb
More on the soul-crushing 13-0 run.
More UConn links right here.
MUAlumnus points out that the it was the fifth-best defensive effort against UConn all season.
Happy Birthday Cracked Sidewalks
Random Music Video: Old School G. Love