The Sweetest of Sixteens starts NOW.
Sweet 16: No. 11 Marquette vs. No. 2 UNC
22-14 (9-9 Big East)
28-7 (14-2 ACC)
March 25, 2011 6:15 p.m. CST
Prudential Center (19,114) Newark, New Jersey
TV: CBS (w/ Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg)
Radio: ESPN 540 (Milwaukee) (w/ Steve "The Homer" True and Jim McIlvaine)
SBN Coverage: Golden Eagles vs Tar Heels coverage
A View from the Other Side: Carolina March
All-Time Series: North Carolina leads, 3-1.
Last Meeting: North Carolina defeated Marquette, 84-54, on January 13, 2001 in Chapel Hill.
Spread: North Carolina (-4.5)
We've got starters , we've got stats, we've got beer, for those who jump.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS
- G Dwight Buycks (2010-'11 stats: 9.1 ppg; 3.1 rpg; 3.5 apg)
- G Darius Johnson-Odom (2010-'11 stats: 16.0 ppg; 3.0 rpg; 2.4 apg)
- F Jimmy Butler (2010-'11 stats: 15.8 ppg; 6.1 rpg; 2.3 apg)
- F Erik Williams (2010-'11 stats: 2.3 ppg; 1.7 rpg; 0.2 apg)
- C Chris Otule (2010-'11 stats: 5.2 ppg; 3.5 rpg; 0.2 apg)
MARQUETTE FULL STATS
NORTH CAROLINA PROBABLE STARTERS
- G Dexter Strickland (2010-'11 stats: 7.4 ppg; 3.2 rpg; 2.2 apg)
- G Kendall Marshall (2010-'11 stats: 6.2 ppg; 2.0 rpg; 6.1 apg)
- F John Henson (2010-'11 stats: 11.9 ppg; 10.1 rpg; 2.1 apg)
- F Harrison Barnes (2010-'11 stats: 15.5 ppg; 5.7 rpg; 1.4 apg)
- F Tyler Zeller (2010-'11 stats: 15.2 ppg; 7.1 rpg; 0.5 apg)
NORTH CAROLINA FULL STATS
BEER OF THE GAME
I'm still not sure that I understand why North Carolina's mascot is a goat, but that's what they're going with so I respond in kind: tonight's beer of the game is Horny Goat Brewing Company's Hopped Up 'n Horny pale ale.
Enjoy the game, and bring me home a winner.