So apparently Todd Mayo has decided to depart Marquette to seek his fortune in the world of professional basketball. Of course he has.
Todd leaving the program amid strange circumstances shouldn't really surprise anyone. His list of misadventures while a Golden Eagle is quite lengthy, and on more than one occasion it seemed that Mayo's career would be abbreviated for one reason or another. There was:
- Getting suspended for the first half of the West Virginia game his freshman year (and he probably could've been suspended for the whole game, except every other member of the back court was also suspended).
- Getting sent home to think about life between his freshman and sophomore years.
- Returning renewed from that non-suspension, only to then be ruled academically ineligible.
- Returning from ineligibility to make minimal contributions and ride the pine for the majority of MU's Elite Eight run.
- The continual need to move heaven and earth to stay eligible.
- Getting suspended for the Wisconsin game last season.
- The perpetual hate/hate relationship with Buzz Williams
@David_Harten You really expected Mayo to play a game for Wojo? There was NO shot of that. None.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) July 30, 2014