THE VITALS: Marquette Golden Eagles (15-10, 6-7 Big East) vs Xavier Musketeers (18-8, 8-5 Big East)
THE TIME: 7pm Central
THE LOCATION: BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI
THE AUDIO/VISUAL: CBS Sports Network (TV) - CBSSports.com (Streaming, if you're lucky) - 540 ESPN (Radio)
THE LINE: Marquette -3.5
THE PROJECTION: KenPom gives Marquette a 58% chance of victory, with a predicted score of 81-79.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS
- Luke Fischer (12.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.7 bpg)
- Sam Hauser (8.6 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.4 apg)
- Haanif Cheatham (10.2 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.7 apg)
- Duane Wilson (5.3 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.7 apg)
- Markus Howard (12.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.9 apg)
Lineup Note: After the Georgetown game, head coach Steve Wojciechowski stated that Duane Wilson should "probably" be starting for the Golden Eagles. I think replacing Jajuan Johnson in the lineup is his most likely spot, but it's hard to determine that for certain. In any case, I think Luke Fischer and Sam Hauser are the only two guys guaranteed to keep their spots.
XAVIER PROBABLE STARTERS
- Kaiser Gates (5.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg)
- Tyrique Jones (3.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg)
- Malcolm Bernard (5.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.7 apg)
- J.P. Macura (14.4 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.5 spg)
- Quentin Goodin (4.3 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.7 apg)
Xavier Injury Note: Trevon Bluiett is still day-to-day and a game-time decision after spraining his ankle against Villanova and sitting out Xavier's game against Providence. If he's available, I don't think that head coach Chris Mack will put him in the starting lineup, so we'll go with the five that he ran out there against the Friars.