Thanks to those intrepid folks over at Rush The Court, we have a full listing of TV times for the Thursday and Friday first round games of the NCAA tournament.
The most important one to you, the Anonymous Eagle reader and thus likely Marquette fan, is the start time for the Golden Eagles. They will play in the last game of the day in Greenville, South Carolina. Duke and Troy will tip off at 6:20pm Central time on Friday, so the Marquette/South Carolina game will start at approximately 8:50pm Central, or about 30 minutes after the conclusion of the Duke/Troy game. Brian Anderson and Chris Webber will be on the call on TBS, while Lewis Johnson provides the sideline coverage.
Other items of note:
- Notre Dame/Princeton kicks the tournament off on Thursday, and Uncle Verne is calling that game with Jim Spanarkle, which is great.
- Butler is the first Big East team to play, tipping off against Winthrop at 12:30pm Central on Thursday.
- Northwestern plays their first NCAA tournament game ever in the Thursday transition window, starting off against Vanderbilt at 4:30pm Central.
- Our friends over at Big East Coast Bias will have their hands full Thursday evening, as Xavier and Villanova play at roughly the exact same time.
- Wisconsin and Virginia Tech are the last game of the day in Buffalo on Thursday. Everyone just swallow your feelings about Buzz Williams, pour yourself some bourbon, and we’ll all get through this together, at least as long as the Hokies win.
- Seton Hall is the first Big East team to play on Friday with a 12:30pm Central start against Arkansas.
- If Providence gets past USC on Wednesday night, they’ll play SMU on Thursday in Tulsa, tipping off at roughly 2:10 Central.
- Creighton and Rhode Island get the Friday transition spot as they get started in Sacramento at approximately 3:30pm Central.