THE DATE: Sunday, January 28, 2018
THE TIME: Noon Central
THE LOCATION: BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI
THE TV: Fox, with Brian Anderson, Len Elmore, and Shannon Spake on the call
THE STREAMING: Fox Sports Go
THE RADIO: 540 ESPN Milwaukee with Steve “The Homer” True and Jim McIlvaine on the call
THE LIVE STATS: GameTracker
THE LINE: Marquette +8
THE PROJECTION: KenPom gives Villanova a 71% chance of victory, with a predicted score of 86-77.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE LINEUP
- Andrew Rowsey (20.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 4.3 apg, 1.2 spg)
- Markus Howard (22.1 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.9 apg)
- Sacar Anim (5.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.9 apg)
- Sam Hauser (14.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.1 spg)
- Matt Heldt (4.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.0 apg, 1.1 bpg)
MARQUETTE INJURY NOTE: Sam Hauser played the first three minutes of the second half against Xavier and then sat out the rest of the game with a hip injury. That was on Wednesday, and he has been listed as day-to-day since then. Everything is on the table for his status for this game: start and play like normal, come off the bench in a limited role, sit out with the injury. It will be the ever popular game time decision.
VILLANOVA PROBABLE LINEUP
- Jalen Brunson (18.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.2 apg)
- Mikal Bridges (16.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.9 spg, 1.2 bpg)
- Donte DiVincenzo (13.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.2 spg)
- Eric Paschall (10.1 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.1 spg)
- Omari Spellman (10.5 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.5 bpg)
VILLANOVA INJURY NOTE: Redshirt junior guard Phil Booth suffered a fractured bone in his hand late in Villanova’s game against Providence. The Wildcats won that one by 20, so his departure from that contest had no impact on the outcome. He’s currently listed as “out indefinitely,” and Sunday’s game in Milwaukee will be the first one that he misses. I presume that Donte DiVincenzo will slide into the starting lineup in his place, but it could also potentially be Dhamir Cosby-Roundtree, depending on how Jay Wright is managing his rotations.