THE DATE: Wednesday, January 3, 2017
THE TIME: 5:30pm Central
THE LOCATION: Dunkin’ Donuts Center, Providence, Rhode Island
THE TELEVISION: CBS Sports Network, with John Sadak, Steve Lappas, and Jon Rothstein on the call
THE STREAMING: Yeah, right. There’s a limited number of providers, including Cox, Frontier, Hulu’s new live TV service, and YouTube TV. Check to see if your local cable provider has an internal streaming service that will let you watch through that.
THE RADIO: 540 ESPN Milwaukee, with Steve “The Homer” True & Jim McIlvaine on the call
THE LIVE STATS: GameTracker
THE LINE: It’s a Pick’Em!
THE PROJECTION: KenPom gives Providence a 59% chance of victory, with a predicted score of 78-75.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE LINEUP
- Andrew Rowsey (22.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.1 apg, 1.1 spg)
- Markus Howard (20.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.5 apg)
- Sacar Anim (5.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.2 apg)
- Sam Hauser (14.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.0 apg, 1.2 spg)
- Matt Heldt (4.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.0 apg, 1.4 bpg)
PROVIDENCE PROBABLE LINEUP
- Kyron Cartwright (9.0 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.0 spg)
- Jalen Lindsey (9.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 spg)
- Alpha Diallo (10.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.8 apg)
- Rodney Bullock (16.9 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.3 apg, 1.0 spg)
- Nate Watson (8.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg)
PROVIDENCE INJURY NOTE: Kyron Cartwright re-injured one of his ankles on Sunday against Creighton. He played just 22 minutes in that game, with just seven coming after halftime. As of yesterday, PC head coach Ed Cooley was not sure that Cartwright would be able to play in this game. If he sits, it would be freshman Makai Ashton-Langford taking his spot in the lineup.