THE DATE: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
THE TIME: 8pm Central
THE LOCATION: Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, WI
THE TELEVISION: CBS Sports Network, with Carter Blackburn and Pete Gillen on the call
THE STREAMING: CBSSports.com, if your cable provider likes you.
THE RADIO: 540 ESPN Milwaukee, available through the TuneIn app, with Steve “The Homer” True and Tony Smith on the call
THE LIVE STATS: Sidearm Stats
THE PROJECTION: KenPom.com gives Marquette a 75% chance of victory, with a predicted score of 76-69.
THE EXCITEMENT LEVEL: KenPom gives this a Thrill Score of 54.6, the 7th best score of the 46 games scheduled for the day.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE LINEUP
- Markus Howard (25.6 pts, 4.2 rebs, 4.1 asts, 1.1 stls)
- Sacar Anim (8.3 pts, 3.0 rebs, 1.1 asts)
- Sam Hauser (15.3 pts, 6.8 rebs, 2.3 asts)
- Joey Hauser (9.9 pts, 5.4 rebs, 2.3 asts)
- Theo John (5.8 pts, 5.0 rebs, 2.4 blks)
MARQUETTE INJURY NOTE: Late in MU’s last game, the road trip to DePaul, Sam Hauser got poked in the right eye pretty badly. It was whistled as a foul, and after the refs gave Hauser a chance to recover a little bit, he surprisingly easily canned both of his free throws, as you could already see a bruise forming as well as a pretty notable amount of swelling. He also then immediately exited the game and did not return. On his radio show last week, which clearly had a pre-recorded segment outside of the live show from Dave & Buster’s in Wauwatosa, head coach Steve Wojciechowski was asked about Hauser by Steve “The Homer” True. Wojo seemed to have absolutely no worry about Sam missing any time, and in fact said that the bye week/break since last week Tuesday could not have come at a better time in regards to Hauser’s eye. I presume that means he’ll be starting as usual, but it still might be a game time decision.
BUTLER PROBABLE LINEUP
- Kamar Baldwin (17.5 pts, 5.0 rebs, 3.5 asts, 1.4 stls)
- Aaron Thompson (6.2 pts, 1.9 rebs, 4.2 asts, 1.1 stls)
- Sean McDermott (9.8 pts, 3.8 rebs)
- Jordan Tucker (9.9 pts, 4.9 rebs)
- Joey Brunk (8.0 pts, 4.0 rebs, 1.1 asts)