Thanks to those intrepid folks over at Rush The Court, we have a full listing of TV times for the Thursday and Friday first round games of the 2019 NCAA Tournament.
Here are your Thursday NCAA Tournament tip times: pic.twitter.com/LZVblwHyaN— Rush the Court (@rushthecourt) March 18, 2019
Here are your Friday NCAA Tournament tip times: pic.twitter.com/bKrtlus2iQ— Rush the Court (@rushthecourt) March 18, 2019
The most important thing to you, the Anonymous Eagle reader and thus likely Marquette fan, is the start time for the Golden Eagles. They will play Murray State on Thursday in Hartford, Connecticut, at the XL Center. They will be the second game of the day at the XL Center, following the Florida State/Vermont game. That one is set to tipoff at 1pm Central on TBS, and thus Marquette/Murray State is set to start at approximately 3:30pm Central on TBS as well. If you’re an announcer wonk, Carter Blackburn and Debbie Antonelli will handle the play by play and analysis, while John Schriffen will be roaming the sidelines.
If you look at the schedule for the day, it looks like MU’s game will be the bridge game that connects the first half of the day to the second half, as it will be the only game still going on as we approach the 5:50pm expected tipoff for the first game of the evening sessions.
So, y’know, no pressure as it will be the game that the entire country is watching when it ends.
Other items of note:
- Louisville/Minnesota kicks off the tournament at 11:15am Central on Thursday, with Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, and Dan Bonner calling it.
- Brian Wardle’s Bradley team takes on Michigan State on Thursday at approximately 1:45pm CT. It’s on CBS, which is probably good for the Bradley brand.
- Marquette’s game will be the first on Thursday to involve a Big East team. Villanova will be second, with a 6:20 CT start on TBS against Saint Mary’s.
- Seton Hall gets a Thursday night slot, squaring off with Wofford on CBS at approximately 8:40pm CT.
- Friday starts off with a “who’s a bigger crybaby” battle as Iowa plays Cincinnati.
- Go ahead and mark Friday at approximately 2:15pm on your calendar, as that’s when #1 seeded Virginia plays #16 Gardner-Webb. I’m not saying that the Cavaliers are going down in flames again, but you have to figure that some part of their psyche is going to be thinking about UMBC.
- If St. John’s gets through Arizona State in the First Four, they’ll play Buffalo at approximately 3pm CT on Friday on TNT.
- ZION WATCH — 6:10pm CT on CBS on Friday. Might be North Carolina Central and LeVelle Moton getting what he did not want, so that could be a hoot.
And there you go. Make sure to stock up on snacks and delicious beverages as you see fit.