THE VITALS: Marquette Golden Eagles (10-2, 0-0 Big East) at Creighton Bluejays (11-2, 0-0 Big East)
THE DATE: January 1, 2020
THE TIME: 8pm Central
THE LOCATION: CHI Health Center Omaha, Omaha, NE
THE TELEVISION: CBS Sports Network, with Dave Ryan and Steve Lappas on the call
THE STREAMING: CBSSports.com
THE RADIO: 540 ESPN Milwaukee, available through the TuneIn app, with Steve “The Homer” True and Tony Smith on the call
THE LIVE STATS: Stat Broadcast
THE LINE: Marquette +3
THE PROJECTION: KenPom.com gives Creighton a 55% chance of victory in this game, with a predicted score of 77-76.
THE EXCITEMENT LEVEL: KenPom.com gives this game a Thrill Score of 71.0 making it the most potentially exciting game out of the 14 scheduled for the day.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE LINEUP
- Markus Howard (26.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 3.2 apg)
- Sacar Anim (12.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1.3 apg)
- Jamal Cain (6.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.2 apg)
- Brendan Bailey (6.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.7 apg)
- Theo John (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.1 bpg)
MARQUETTE INJURY NOTE: Koby McEwen suffered a sprained thumb on Thursday and missed the Central Arkansas game with his hand in a hard plastic brace. He was originally listed as day-to-day by MU, but a thumb sprain that needs a hard plastic brace doesn’t sound like something that clears up in a week. McEwen is currently tied for the team lead in rebounds per game and leads the team in assists per game.
CREIGHTON PROBABLE LINEUP
- Marcus Zegarowski (18.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 4.8 apg)
- Ty-Shon Alexander (16.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.9 apg)
- Damien Jefferson (7.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.7 apg)
- Mitch Ballock (12.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.2 spg)
- Christian Bishop (8.9 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.0 bpg)