THE VITALS: Marquette Golden Eagles (14-5, 4-3 Big East) at #13 Butler Bulldogs (15-4, 3-3 Big East)
THE DATE: Friday, January 24, 2020
THE TIME: 8pm Central
THE LOCATION: Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
THE TELEVISION: FS1, with Vince Welch and Nick Bahe on the call
THE STREAMING: FoxSportsGo.com
THE RADIO: 94.5 ESPN Milwaukee, available through the TuneIn app, with Steve “The Homer” True and Tony Smith on the call
THE LIVE STATS: Stat Broadcast
THE LINE: Marquette +5
THE PROJECTION: KenPom.com gives Butler a 71% chance of victory, with a predicted score of 72-66.
THE EXCITEMENT LEVEL: KenPom.com gives this game a Thrill Score of 63.6, making it the second most potentially exciting game out of the 10 games scheduled for the day. #1? Wisconsin at Purdue.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE LINEUP
- Markus Howard (28.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.9 apg)
- Koby McEwen (9.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.2 apg)
- Sacar Anim (12.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.3 apg)
- Brendan Bailey (7.7 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.5 apg)
- Theo John (4.9 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.9 bpg)
MARQUETTE INJURY NOTE: Greg Elliott is still listed as doubtful in the Marquette game notes after suffering an ankle injury against Providence on January 7th.
MARQUETTE ROSTER CHANGE NOTE: It would certainly seem that head coach Steve Wojciechowski had a meeting with Ed Morrow on Thursday before the team departed for Indianapolis to talk about his future relative to his indefinite leave for personal reasons. That would certainly explain why the team announced that Morrow was no longer a part of the team on Thursday morning.
BUTLER PROBABLE LINEUP
- Kamar Baldwin (15.4 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.8 apg, 1.0 spg)
- Aaron Thompson (6.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.1 apg)
- Sean McDermott (11.0 ppg, 5.7 rpg)
- Bryce Nze (9.4 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.4 apg)
- Bryce Golden (8.0 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.2 apg)
BUTLER INJURY NOTE: Christian David suffered a torn ACL during Butler’s 76-61 road loss to Villanova on Tuesday night. The 6’6” Canadian was averaging 14.6 minutes per game for the Bulldogs before only playing five minutes against the Wildcats, and wraps up the year averaging 2.6 points and 1.8 rebounds per game.