THE VITALS: Marquette Golden Eagles (14-6, 4-4 Big East) at Xavier Musketeers (13-7, 2-5 Big East)
THE DATE: Wednesday, January 29, 2020
THE TIME: 7:30pm Central
THE LOCATION: Cintas Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
THE TELEVISION: FS1, with Thom Brennaman and Nick Bahe on the call
THE STREAMING: FoxSportsGo.com
THE RADIO: 94.5 ESPN Milwaukee, available through the TuneIn app, with Steve “The Homer” True and Tony Smith on the call
THE LIVE STATS: Sidearm Stats
THE LINE: Marquette +2
THE PROJECTION: KenPom.com gives Marquette a 51% chance of victory, with a predicted score of 73-72.
THE EXCITEMENT LEVEL: KenPom.com gives this game a Thrill Score of 68.1, making it the second most potentially exciting game of the day out of the 53 games scheduled. In first? West Virginia at Texas Tech.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE STARTERS
- Markus Howard (28.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 3.1 apg)
- Koby McEwen (9.8 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.2 apg)
- Sacar Anim (13.0 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.4 apg)
- Brendan Bailey (8.1 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.4 apg)
- Theo John (5.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.2 bpg)
MARQUETTE INJURY NOTE: Greg Elliott is still listed as doubtful in the Marquette game notes after suffering an ankle injury against Providence on January 7th.
XAVIER PROBABLE STARTERS
- Paul Scruggs (13.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.9 apg, 1.3 spg)
- Naji Marshall (16.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.2 spg)
- Jason Carter (7.3 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.6 apg)
- Zach Freemantle (6.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg)
- Tyrique Jones (13.3 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 1.3 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.1 bpg)
XAVIER INJURY NOTE #1: Quentin Goodin missed each of Xavier’s last two games after suffering a knee injury of some sort in warm-ups for their game against Georgetown. He didn’t play in that one, nor their Sunday loss to Creighton, and he did not practice yesterday, according to Shannon Russell of The Athletic. His availability for this game will be a game-time decision.
XAVIER INJURY NOTE #2: Naji Marshall did not practice on Tuesday, according to Shannon Russell of The Athletic. It seems that he had some sort of tweak against Creighton, but did finish that game. Like Goodin, he will be a game-time decision.