THE VITALS: Marquette Golden Eagles (0-0) vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions (0-0)
THE DATE: Wednesday, November 25, 2020
THE TIME: 9pm Central
THE LOCATION: A very empty Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, WI
THE TELEVISION: FS1, with Jeff Levering and Dickey Simpkins on the call.
THE STREAMING: FoxSportsGo.com
THE RADIO: 94.5 FM ESPN Milwaukee, available through the TuneIn app, with Steve “The Homer” True and Tony Smith on the call
THE LIVE STATS: It looks like Sidearm Stats will be available, but since it’s not linked on GoMarquette.com, who can truly say?
THE LINE: Marquette -30
THE PROJECTION: KenPom.com gives Marquette a 99.8% chance of victory, with a predicted score of 82-51.
THE EXCITEMENT LEVEL: Of the 85 games between two Division 1 opponents scheduled for today as of this morning, this is KenPom.com’s least exciting contest. There are 32 games against non-Division 1 opponents that are, in theory, less exciting.
TOTAL GUESS AT A MARQUETTE LINEUP
- Symir Torrence (1.8 points, 1.3 rebounds, 1.6 assists last season)
- D.J. Carton (10.4 points, 2.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists last season at Ohio State)
- Koby McEwen (9.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.2 assists last season)
- Dawson Garcia (31.6 points, 9.8 rebounds, 2.9 assists as a high school senior last year, #36 prospect in the country)
- Theo John (5.1 points, 5.2 rebounds, 1.8 blocks last season)
MARQUETTE HEALTH NOTE: Redshirt freshman Dexter Akanno is listed in the Marquette game notes as out for this game due to what head coach Steve Wojciechowski termed “COVID-related illness.” Freshman walk-on Luke Fizulich is out with an ankle injury, and given the predicted score, that’s a real bummer for him.
EVEN BIGGER GUESS AT A UAPB LINEUP
- Dequan Morris (8.0 points, 4.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists last season)
- Shaun Doss, Jr. (12.3 points, 3.0 rebounds, 1.0 assists last season)
- Joshuwan Johnson (17.6 points, 2.8 rebounds, 4.4 assists at Glendale CC last season)
- Terrance Banyard (7.9 points, 4.4 rebounds last season)
- Markedric Bell (10.8 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 1.1 blocks last season)