THE DATE: Sunday, December 20, 2020
THE TIME: 1pm Central
THE LOCATION: Cintas Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
THE TELEVISION: FS1, with Eric Collins and Dickey Simpkins on the call.
THE STREAMING: FoxSportsGo.com
THE RADIO: 94.5 FM ESPN Milwaukee, available through the TuneIn app, with Steve “The Homer” True and Tony Smith on the call
THE LIVE STATS: Sidearm Stats
THE LINE: Marquette +3
THE PROJECTION: KenPom.com gives Xavier a 56% chance of victory with a predicted score of 71-70.
THE EXCITEMENT LEVEL: KenPom.com gives this game a Thrill Score of 70.1, making it the fourth most potentially exciting game out of the 27 games scheduled between Division 1 opponents on the day.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE LINEUP
- D.J. Carton (12.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 1.6 steals)
- Koby McEwen (14.6 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.9 assists)
- Jamal Cain (9.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.4 steals)
- Dawson Garcia (12.3 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.0 assists)
- Theo John (7.6 points, 7.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 2.3 blocks)
MARQUETTE INJURY NOTE: Symir Torrence is still listed as Questionable in the game notes for this contest with a foot injury.
XAVIER PROBABLE LINEUP
- Dwon Odom (6.4 points, 3.6 rebounds, 4.6 assists, 1.0 blocks)
- Paul Scruggs (14.6 points, 4.1 rebounds, 7.1 assists, 2.0 steals)
- Nate Johnson (13.4 points, 4.4 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1.7 steals)
- Zach Freemantle (18.7 points, 8.0 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1.0 blocks)
- Jason Carter (7.1 points, 8.4 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.3 steals)
XAVIER ROSTER NOTE: Dwon Odom is not cleared to play. Xavier has used the same starting five all season so far.
JUST IN: Dwon Odom is not cleared to practice or play due to COVID-19 protocols. Per privacy rules, there is no additional information on Odom or his timeline to return.— Adam Baum (@AdamJBaum) December 20, 2020
Based on his high standing in Xavier Way practice points, I'd expect Colby Jones to start in Odom's place.