THE VITALS: Marquette Golden Eagles (18-11, 8-9 Big East) at St. John’s Red Storm (15-15, 4-13 Big East)
THE DATE: Saturday, March 7, 2020
THE TIME: 11am Central
THE LOCATION: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
THE TELEVISION: Fox Sports Wisconsin, or whatever local Fox Sports regional affiliate is in your area if you’re lucky, with Brian Custer and Len Elmore on the call.
THE STREAMING: Heck if I know, because the FS Regionals aren’t in there.
THE RADIO: 94.5 ESPN Milwaukee, available through the TuneIn app, with Steve “The Homer” True and Tony Smith on the call
THE LIVE STATS: Sidearm Stats
THE LINE: Marquette -1.5
THE PROJECTION: KenPom.com gives Marquette a 56% chance of victory, with a predicted score of 77-76.
THE EXCITEMENT LEVEL: KenPom.com gives this game a Thrill Score of 67.1, making it the ninth most potentially exciting game of the 90 scheduled for the day. #1? Baylor at West Virginia.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE LINEUP
- Markus Howard (27.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.0 spg)
- Koby McEwen (9.7 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 3.3 apg)
- Sacar Anim (12.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.5 apg)
- Brendan Bailey (7.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.2 apg)
- Theo John (5.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.9 bpg)
ST. JOHN’S PROBABLE LINEUP
- Rasheem Dunn (12.3 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.0 spg)
- Greg Williams (5.3 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.2 spg)
- Marcellus Earlington (8.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.0 spg)
- LJ Figueroa (14.3 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.9 spg)
- Julian Champagnie (9.7 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.2 spg)
ST. JOHN’S INJURY NOTE: Mustapha Heron has missed the last six games for the Red Storm after suffering what was called a likely season ending ankle injury against Creighton on February 8th. Heron was averaging 13.8 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 1.6 assists while shooting 39% from long range before his injury.
ST. JOHN’S INJURY NOTE #2: Josh Roberts left SJU’s recent victory over Creighton with a shoulder injury just seconds after checking in. He also missed their game earlier this week against Butler, although it appears he was a game time decision for that one. Roberts had started all of St. John’s games up until the Creighton game, averaging 5.0 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks per game in just 19 minutes a game.