THE DATE: Wednesday, February 10, 2021
THE TIME: 8pm Central
THE LOCATION: Finneran Pavilion, Villanova, Pennsylvania
THE TELEVISON: FS1, with Alex Faust and Steve Lavin on the call
THE STREAMING: FoxSportsGo.com
THE RADIO: 94.5 FM ESPN Milwaukee, available through the TuneIn app, with Steve “The Homer” True and Tony Smith on the call
THE LIVE STATS: Stat Broadcast
THE LINE: Marquette +10.5
THE PROJECTION: KenPom.com gives Villanova an 84% chance of victory with a predicted score of 75-64.
THE EXCITEMENT LEVEL: Virtually none. Oh, right, uh, KenPom.com gives this game a Thrill Score of 46.4, making it the 12th most potentially exciting game out of the 32 Division 1 games scheduled for the day. Boy, that’s really mean to, say, the #17 game of Old Dominion at Charlotte, which is predicted at 51% for Charlotte.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE LINEUP
- D.J. Carton (12.7 points, 3.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.2 steals)
- Koby McEwen (12.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists)
- Jamal Cain (10.3 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1.0 steals)
- Dawson Garcia (12.5 points, 6.7 rebounds)
- Theo John (8.1 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.8 blocks)
MARQUETTE INJURY NOTE: Oso Ighodaro was a late scratch last time out against Creighton, and he is listed as out for this game with a leg injury in the MU game notes. Justin Lewis played seven minutes against the Bluejays but was noticeably limping up and down the court on the ankle that had him listed as questionable for that game. The freshman from Baltimore is still listed as questionable for this game as well. Theo John is not listed on the injury report even though he has a nagging knee issue that prevents him from practicing with the team and also suffered a twisted ankle two games ago.
VILLANOVA PROBABLE LINEUP
- Collin Gillespie (14.4 points, 2.9 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 1.0 steals)
- Justin Moore (12.9 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.4 assists)
- Caleb Daniels (11.1 points, 2.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists)
- Jermaine Samuels (10.9 points, 6.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (15.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2.1 assists)