THE DATE: Saturday, February 27, 2021
THE TIME: 1:30pm Central
THE LOCATION: Gampel Pavilion, Storrs, Connecticut
THE TELEVISION: Fox, with Tim Brando and Donny Marshall on the call.
THE STREAMING: FoxSportsGo.com
THE RADIO: 94.5 FM ESPN Milwaukee, available through the TuneIn app, with Steve “The Homer” True and Tony Smith on the call
THE LIVE STATS: Stat Broadcast
THE LINE: Marquette +7
THE PROJECTION: KenPom.com gives Connecticut a 72% chance of victory with a predicted score of 71-64.
THE EXCITEMENT LEVEL: KenPom.com gives this game a Thrill Score of 56.3, making it the 22nd most potentially exciting game out of the 113 Division 1 games scheduled for the day.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE LINEUP
- D.J. Carton (12.8 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.1 steals)
- Greg Elliott (5.8 points, 1.7 rebounds)
- Jamal Cain (9.8 points, 6.1 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.0 steals)
- Dawson Garcia (13.1 points, 6.7 rebounds)
- Theo John (8.7 points, 5.7 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1.7 blocks)
MARQUETTE INJURY NOTES: Freshman forwards Justin Lewis and Oso Ighodaro were declared to be out for the UNC game by head coach Steve Wojciechowski on Tuesday during his media availability. Ighodaro has missed the last four games, while Lewis has missed five of the last six and looked incredibly hobbled in the seven minutes he played against Creighton on February 6th. Wojciechowski does not expect either man to be available “any time soon,” which sounds an awful lot like they’re out for this game, too.
CONNECTICUT PROBABLE LINEUP
- R.J. Cole (12.4 points, 3.1 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 1.5 steals)
- James Bouknight (20.1 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.3 steals)
- Tyrese Martin (12.0 points, 7.4 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 1.2 steals)
- Isaiah Whaley (7.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 2.9 blocks)
- Adama Sanogo (6.4 points, 4.2 rebounds)