THE DATE: Saturday, March 6, 2021
THE TIME: 8pm Central
THE LOCATION: Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
THE TELEVISION: FS1, with Bob Brainerd and Jess Settles on the call
THE STREAMING: FoxSportsGo.com
THE RADIO: 94.5 FM ESPN Milwaukee, available through the TuneIn app, with Steve “The Homer” True and Tony Smith on the call
THE LIVE STATS: Sidearm Stats
THE LINE: Marquette -2
THE PROJECTION: KenPom.com gives Marquette a 51% chance of victory, with a predicted score of 73-72.
THE EXCITEMENT LEVEL: KenPom.com gives this game a Thrill Score of 65.6, making it the 13th most potentially exciting game out of the 78 scheduled between Division 1 opponents today.
MARQUETTE PROBABLE LINEUP
- D.J. Carton (12.7 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.1 steals)
- Koby McEwen (10.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists)
- Jamal Cain (9.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.0 assists)
- Dawson Garcia (13.2 points, 6.6 rebounds)
- Theo John (8.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 1.5 blocks)
MARQUETTE INJURY NOTE: Freshman forward Oso Ighodaro remains out with his foot injury.
XAVIER PROBABLE LINEUP
- Dwon Odom (6.2 points, 2.5 rebounds, 3.1 assists)
- Paul Scruggs (13.9 points, 3.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.7 steals)
- Colby Jones (7.9 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.2 steals)
- Jason Carter (5.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.6 assists)
- Zach Freemantle (16.7 points, 9.2 rebounds, 1.4 assists)
XAVIER INJURY NOTE: Senior guard Nate Johnson is out for the year. Johnson contributed 14 points (4-for-6 three-point shooting) along with five rebounds and an assist to Xavier’s win over Marquette in Cincinnati back in December. Junior forward Ben Stanley is also out for the year after tearing his ACL on January 6th. The Marquette game earlier this year was Stanley’s Xavier debut after he was ruled eligible after transferring from Hampton. He played six minutes and grabbed two rebounds. Stanley played in the next three games before suffering that injury.